Puffy eyes and dark circles can ruin your early morning beauty. There are home remedies that can help get rid of it naturally.
Puffy eyes can be terrible. Have you ever woken up, thinking of a bright and wonderful day, only to take a look in the mirror and cringe at the sight of your swollen eyes? If this has happened to you before, then you may need to get rid of this beauty ruiner, before it completely frustrates your routine. Puffy eyes and dark circles are caused by a variety of factors, including physical and emotional stress.
It might be annoying to hear this, but there’s not just one cause and solution for puffy eyes. So you might have to put in the detective work to figure out the why and what to do. “There are a number of things that can really lead to puffy eyes, and some of them might be related to the eye health, and some might actually be related to health elsewhere in the body,” Brissette says.
Below, she outlines a couple of common reasons.
one of the main causes of puffy eyes is allergies. “This is a really common problem that is also pretty easy to treat, which is what’s great about it,” she says. “And this can be due to allergies in the environment, so during springtime with different pollens or allergens that are in the air.”
This is related to allergies in that there might be things around you, like cigarette smoke, perfume, and other things in the environment, that can bother your eyes. “That can actually really affect the eyes because the skin around the eyes is so thin, and so it’s very sensitive to any irritants, more so than elsewhere in the body,”
The second main cause of puffy eyes is dry eye or blepharitis.”Blepharitis refers to inflammation of the eyelids.”This can be related to certain skin conditions like rosacea or sensitive skin, and so this can lead to puffy eyes as well.”And speaking of rosacea or sensitive skin,if you have these skin types or conditions,you might be more prone to getting styes. “A stye can cause a localized puffiness of the eyelid.”That’s an infection or an inflammation of one of the oil glands that lines the eyelashes, so that can appear as a bump or puffiness to the lid.”
Sagging or Aging Skin
“The last common cause is really just skin—kind of sagging skin and what we call prolapsed fat because the skin around the eyes is very thin.
“As we get older, the skin can become a little bit more stretched, and then the fat, which is usually around the eye, can migrate forward and it can become more apparent.
This is usually the kind of puffiness or the bags under the eyes that people really complain about as they get older. And it’s really just an aging change around the eyes
However, there are Natural puffy eyes can be dealth with.
1. Cucumber cure: Cucumber contains antioxidants that ease irritation and aid the circulation of blood. Place slices of cucumber in the fridge for an hour, then take them out and place on your eyes. This remedy would help reduce the swelling tremendously.
2. Raw potato cure: If you can’t get around freezing your cucumber, then you should try the potato cure. Wash and peel a potato, then place on your eyes for about 10 minutes. you can wash off after. This would reduce the effect of the allergy.
3. Green tea Cure: Whole trying to make a hot cup of tea, you may just as well use the bags for a better use. Soak two tea bags in water for about 3 minutes. Then bring to cool. Place the cool tea bags on your eyes and relax for about 10 minutes. You will notice the change.
4. Salt water-cure: This remedy works by getting rid of the excess water around the eye through osmosis. Soak a cloth into a bowl of warm salt water and dab around the eye. This can be done in about 5 minutes.
5. Massage: Sometimes, what your eye needs is a simple massage. Close your eyes and massage the entire area in circular motion for about 2 minutes. You will be relieved after this.