Honey is an amazing ingredient that can do wonders for your skin!
Wondering what makes us vouch so strongly for the benefits this delicious golden liquid can have on your skin. Read ahead to know more.
Some facts about Honey:
- It dates back to more than 4000 years
- Mixed with other herbal preparations, honey enhances the medicinal value of products
- Honey doesn’t spoil. If stored well, it can last way past its expiry date.
- It is a natural and healthier substitute for regular sugar
- An instant energy booster, athletes and fitness freaks often swear by Honey for enhanced endurance levels
- It is a rich source of antioxidants & flavonoids which are beneficial for health.
- Its potent antibacterial properties help keep bacterial and fungal infections at bay
Why Honey for skin?
Using Honey for skin is always a good idea. Mixed with natural ingredients, found in your kitchen, makes for effective and inexpensive beauty treatment. Applying honey regularly on your skin can give you results beyond your imagination and can go a long way in giving you healthy, younger looking and glowing skin.
Benefits of Honey for Skin and Face
- Moisturises the skin deeply
- Acts as a Pore Cleanser
- Gentle Exfoliator
- Lightens Scars
- Useful in Sunburn
- Fights Acne & Pimples
- Reverses Age
- Adds a Natural Glow
- Hydrates the Skin
- Helps Reduces Wrinkles
- Brightens Skin Complexion
While uses of honey for face are many, there are ways in which you can prepare your own face pack with honey within the comfort of your home and skip the hassle of rushing to a parlour or to the market in search of expensive and chemically treated creams and face masks.