Stretch marks are something a lot of people have to deal with. Some do not give them a second thought, while others are seriously bothered by them. If you belong to the second category, then we recommend you to check out this page, where we are going to be talking about stretch marks and how to remove them.
Stretch marks home remedies
There are lots of ways you can deal with stretch marks by using simple natural ingredients that are easily accessible for everyone. We have prepared lots of recipes you can try at home to make your stretch marks much less noticeable. So strap in and let’s go!
Shea butter on stretch marks
Shea butter is full of Vitamin A and antioxidants, which are great for improving the elasticity of the skin. If you want to clear your stretch marks, then shea butter should become your best friend! Use only fresh raw shea butter, as it is the most nutritious in its pure state. Here is what you should do with it:
- Gently exfoliate the skin that has stretch marks on it. Try using oatmeal soap or something like that. Do not use any harsh exfoliants, or you might make things worse.
- Wash your hands, scoop some shea butter and rub it between your palms to warm it up. This will make it much easier to apply.
- With firm circular motions, apply the butter to your skin. Massage it in for some time in order for it to sink deeper into the skin.
- Do this treatment up to three times each day to achieve the best results. You should definitely do this before you go to bed, as the skin regenerates while you are sleeping. This way, you will help it to regenerate quicker and more effectively.
Shea butter is a great tool for keeping the skin with stretch marks moisturised and healthy. However, be aware that, just as other remedies, it does not guarantee that the stretch marks will disappear or fade immediately. Be patient, and you will see the results soon enough.
Coconut oil on stretch marks
Another great weapon against those resilient stretch marks is coconut oil. It is frequently used as a beauty product, so it is no wonder that you can use it to deal with those annoying stretch marks. There are plenty of ways you can turn it into a stretch mark remedy, and here are some of them:
- Get a scoop of coconut oil and gently rub it into the areas that are prone to having stretch marks. Leave the oil on until the skin absorbs it completely. Repeat this uncomplicated procedure every day.
- Mix several drops of coconut oil with the same amount of olive or castor oil. Gently rub this mixture into the affected skin and leave it to absorb. Repeat every day.
- Mix half a cup of liquefied coconut oil and an equal amount of coffee grounds. You can use it right away or pour this mixture into a mould, leave it for five hours and then store it in the fridge. Either way, gently rub this remedy on your skin for several minutes and thoroughly wash it off. Repeat the same process three times a week.
- Combine a teaspoon of powdered turmeric with two tablespoons of liquid coconut oil and use it on the areas that have stretch marks. Let the mixture sit on the skin for fifteen minutes and then wash it off. You can also add a teaspoon of fresh lemon juice for an even greater effect. Repeat this every day.
- Combine half a cup of coconut oil with a cup of sugar and a cup of salt. Massage this scrub into your skin that is covered in stretch marks for up to five minutes and leave it on for another ten minutes. Wash it off using slightly warm water and use a towel to carefully pat the skin dry. Repeat this process every day. You can store what is left of the mixture in the fridge.
- Add a few generous drops of camphor oil to the coconut oil and use this oily mixture on the stretch marks. Leave the mixture on for up to fifteen minutes and thoroughly rinse it off with slightly warm water. You should repeat the process every day to see the results.
Try out any of these recipes and see the results in just a few weeks. Besides, your skin will be extra moisturised and healthy!
Aloe vera on stretch marks
Aloe vera is frequently used to heal various skin ailments, as it is full of nutrients. It can also help you in your fight against stretch marks. If they are just starting to show, aloe vera can be a great help in getting rid of them completely! Here are some of the many ways you can use it:
- Get the thick gel from the aloe plant and apply it to the skin that is covered in stretch marks. Gently rub the gel it into the skin and leave it on for fifteen minutes. Use lukewarm water to rinse it off and repeat this process every day. Soon, you will notice that your stretch marks are fading away much faster.
- Mix the aloe vera gel and coffee grounds to create a paste. Apply this sort of scrub to your stretch marks with massaging movements. Leave the paste on the skin for twenty minutes and then wipe it away with a warm wet towel. After you have cleaned the area, moisturise it with a lotion or olive oil to reinforce the effects of using aloe vera. Repeat the procedure every day.
- You can make a moisturiser out of aloe vera. Get a tablespoon of aloe gel, a tablespoon of olive oil and a tablespoon of wheat oil. Mix them together, put the mixture in an old moisturiser bottle or an airtight container and leave it in the fridge for the night. After that, just use this natural moisturiser every day as your regular moisturiser. If you want to make more of it, just mix the equal amounts of the three ingredients.
You should definitely try out one of these recipes (or all of them, if you have the time for it), in order to deal with your stretch marks in a quick and efficient way.
Remove stretch marks with lemon
Lemon is known for its lightening properties, and that is exactly what you need to make your stretch marks go away. Here are some recipes you can try yourself:
- Before going to bed, rub lemon slices or cotton balls dabbed in fresh lemon juice all over the skin that is covered in stretch marks. Leave it on the skin for the night and wash it all off in the morning. Repeat every night. If your skin is quite sensitive, we recommend you to add some rose water to the juice, or aloe vera.
- Mix the same amounts of fresh cucumber and lemon juice. Apply this liquid to your skin with your fingers, or use a cotton ball, and leave to dry. Then, carefully rinse it off. Repeat regularly.
- Mix two tablespoons of pure fresh lemon juice with a half cup of cocoa butter. With gentle rubbing motions, apply the mixture to the affected skin. Let the whole thing dry and then wash it all off.
- Combine a teaspoon of lemon juice a teaspoon of sugar and half a teaspoon of almond oil. Rub this mixture into your skin for ten minutes. Do this every single day before going to the shower for at least a whole month to see the results.
- Mix half a teaspoon of lemon juice, a teaspoon of Vitamin E and a teaspoon of olive oil. Apply it to your skin, leave it to dry and then wipe it off. Do this twice a day for a month for the result you are looking for.
- Combine lemon juice, saffron and turmeric powder and apply the mixture to the stretch marks. Leave it on the skin to dry, then wash it thoroughly and pat the skin dry. Repeat every day.
- Mix equal measures of lemon and potato or tomato juice and apply it to the skin with a cotton ball. Let it dry and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Make a paste out of an avocado and add several drops of lemon juice to it. Apply the mixture to the stretch marks and leave it on the skin for up to half an hour. Wash it off with warm water and pat the area dry with a towel.
- Add a few drops of freshly squeezed lemon juice to raw honey and apply the mixture to your stretch-mark-prone areas of the skin. Let it stay on for a few minutes and rinse it off with care. Repeat every day.
- Cut a lemon in two and put several drops of glycerine on one of the halves. Rub it on your stretch marks in circular motions and leave it on the skin for a few minutes. After that, wash it off. Repeat the process two times a day.
The most important thing you need to remember is that you should not expose your skin to the sun after applying lemon to it. It might be very harmful for your skin. Other than that, you can safely use these recipes to lighten your stretch marks.