The 10-month-old was rushed to hospital in Edinburgh on Wednesday, but medics were unable to save him
A ten-month-old baby boy has died after choking on a piece of food at a nursery in Edinburgh, police have confirmed.
The tragedy happened at the Bright Horizons Nursery in the city’s Corstorphine area on Wednesday.
The child was rushed to the Royal Hospital for Sick Children, but medics were unable to save him.
The incident is being treated as unexplained, but not suspicious, and the nursery has since been closed while investigations are being carried out
A Police Scotland spokeswoman said: “Police in Edinburgh were contacted after a 10-month-old boy took unwell within a private nursery in the Corstorphine area of the city on Tuesday 9th July.
“The child was taken to the Royal Hospital for Sick Children where he sadly passed away on Wednesday 10th July.