24-Year-Old Woman Who Vanished After Tinder Date Was Found Cut Up Into 14 Pieces


A woman in Nebraska who went missing after a Tinder date was found cut up into 14 pieces, a court has heard.

Sydney Loofe, 24, was found dead in December 2017 near Edgar, Omaha, approximately one month after she vanished and never returned home following the date.

Her dismembered body was found in garbage bags which had been dumped in a field, with the court hearing the 24-year-old’s body had been cut into multiple pieces.

Aubrey Trail, 52, and his girlfriend Bailey Boswell, 25, are both charged with first-degree murder in Sydney’s death.


As reported by the MailOnline, the court heard the victim had been cut into 14 different pieces during Trail’s murder trial on Monday (July 8).

Sydney reportedly met Boswell on Tinder before going on a date in November 2017, with the two planning a second one for one night later.

The last time anyone heard from the 24-year-old was on the night of the second date, November 15, when she posted a picture of herself on Snapchat writing: ‘Ready for my date’.

Sydney was reported missing by her mother the following day when she failed to show up for her cashier job at a home improvement store.

While prosecutors say Trail and Boswell planned Loofe’s abduction and murder, defence attorneys argued the injuries Sydney sustained could have resulted from ‘rough, consensual sex’.


Forensic pathologist Dr Michelle Elieff testified that Sydney’s body showed signs she had struggled prior to her death, pointing out a torn earlobe and bruising on her wrists, the back of her head and on her inner thighs.

Dr Elieff added that the wrist bruises indicated the 24-year-old had been restrained and that she had struggled before dying of suffocation. When asked if these injuries could have been sustained from rough yet consensual sex, the forensic pathologist said it was possible.

Trail reportedly told investigators he strangled Sydney with an extension cord, with police believing Boswell helped him dismember her and dump her remains.

During the 52-year-old’s trial last week at Saline County Courthouse, Trail reportedly attempted to cut his own throat after standing up and shouting: ‘Bailey is innocent and I curse you all’.


Authorities were filmed rushing to help after Trail fell from his wheelchair, with the man being taken to hospital in an ambulance.

It’s not clear how badly Trail was injured, however the judge ordered the jury to return to court and his lawyer said he had been released from hospital after receiving stitches.