Mercy Aigbe (born January 1, 1979) is a Nigerian actress, director and businesswoman. She is best known for her Yoruba language movies.
She was born on January 1, 1979 in Edo State (Nigeria), the second child in a family of five. She attended Maryland Comprehensive Secondary School Ikeja, Lagos; The Polytechnic Ibadan, Oyo State where she received her OND in Financial Studies and then The University of Lagos for a degree in Theatre Arts.
She earned a degree in Theatre Arts from the University of Lagos in 2001, and joined the industry fully in 2006.
Mercy Aigbe, was married to a Nigerian hotelier and has two children and three stepdaughters. Mercy Aigbe who presently had problems with her marriage and is formally divorced.
Fashion and style
Mercy Aigbe is known for her unique style and dressing.
AMVCA 2016 dress
Mercy Aigbe’s dress to the 2016 edition of the Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards earned her great applause as she continue to trend on Twitter days after the award ceremony. Many commended the uniquely designed dress created by Nigerian designer, Ceoluminee. Mercy also says the dress earned her many more followers on social media.
Mag Divas Boutique
Mercy Aigbe launched her clothing store, Mag Divas Boutique in November 2014. Its success earned her the ″Fashion Entrepreneur of The Year″ awarded by Links and Glitz World Awards.
Awards and honours
- She won the Best Actress in Yoruba award at the City People Awards held in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State.
- Best Indigenous Language (Yoruba) (2014)
- Best Actress in a supporting Role (Yoruba) (2010)
- Best Actress in an Indigenous Movie Nomination (non-English speaking language) (2012)
- City People Entertainment Yoruba Movie Personality of the year (2015)
- Fashion Entrepreneur of The Year Awarded by Links and Glitz World Awards (2015)
Mercy Aigbe foundation
- Afefe ife (2008)
- Okanjua (2008)
- Atunida leyi (2009)
- Igberaga (2009)
- Ihamo (2009)
- Ìpèsè (2009)
- Iró funfun (2009)
- Mafisere (2009)
- Oju ife (2009)
- Ile Oko mii (2014)