Taraba Corper Dies From Electric Shock

0
193
PIC. 24. NYSC 2014 BATCH 'C' CORPS MEMBERS DURING THEIR PASSING-OUT PARRADE IN YENAGOA ON THURSDAY (15/10/15). 7286/15/10/2015/AO/BJO/NAN

A 2016 Batch ‘B’ stream 1 youth corps member, Segun Olumide, serving in Taraba State has died following an electric shock he suffered on Friday.

He was said to have died while being rushed to the hospital by his colleagues after he suffered serious burns from electric shock while charging his laptop.

The Ogun State indigene was said to have studied Electrical Engineering at the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife, Osun State.

Olumide, who was serving at the Government Day Secondary School, Wuro Sembe, Jalingo, was reportedly charging his laptop on his laps when he slept off.

It was gathered that the computer exploded, sending electric currents into his body and he died before medical personnel could attend to him.

The National Youth Service Corps Public Relations Officer, Mrs. Bose Aderibigbe, confirmed the death of the corps member, saying his parents who lived in Ibadan had been informed.

She said, “Segun died on his way to the hospital. We were informed that he was charging his laptop on his laps, but the system exploded. His shout alerted his colleagues who rushed him to the Federal Medical Centre, Jalingo but he died on the way.

“His next-of-kin has been informed about the tragedy, it was a sad development.”

Facebook Comments
READ  Former Ghanaian President Warns Nigeria Against The Effects Of Ethnic Hatred

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here