Classic coleslaw is different from the normal one we know.
Classic coleslaw can be served alone or with any meal, such as Fried Meat, Nigerian Moi Moi, Fried Plantains, Grilled Chicken, Jollof Rice and many more Nigerian rice dishes.
Coleslaw is usually served chilled to allow the dressing settle into the vegetables.
- 1½ cups shredded red/purple cabbage
- 1½ cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup Salad Cream
- ¼ cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Ketchup
Note: All the vegetables need to be washed.
- Use a knife to cut the red cabbage and green cabbage into thin strips.
- Scrape the carrots then grate with a grater.
- Put the ingredients in a large bowl and stir till everything is well combined. For a better mix, you will need to add the vegetables, stir, add the dry ingredients, stir, add the wet ingredients and stir.
- Chill and serve.